A chemical spill in Missouri sends people to the hospital
Several people were sent to the hospital in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, on January 27, 2012, after a chemical mixture spill occurred, reports KFVS12.com.
The spill happened around 11 a.m. at HealthPoint Fitness. The toxic solution was found in the laundry room and was identified after it had been leaking for quite some time.
Crews were dispatched from the Cape Girardeau Fire Department. They were tasked with the responsibility of containing the chemical mixture before it sent toxic fumes into the air. The spill was quickly cleaned up.
While people were hospitalized, there were no immediate deaths, reports the source.
Cleanup crews and Hazmat teams may want to arm themselves with absorbent devices. The tools could help officials quickly resolve situations where toxic chemicals have spilt into public spaces. Caustic Neutralizing Absorbent Bottles contain a top-of-the-line formula that turns any liquid or non-liquid spill into a dry product. Crews could use Caustic Neutralizing Absorbent Bottles to quickly resolve chemical spills before people are effected by the toxic fumes.
XSORB Caustic Neutralizing Absorbent work instantly to neutralize and absorb organic and inorganic spills. Cleanup crews who are deployed to help secure public spaces would be able to use the absorbent formula to restore order and help workers get back to their responsibilities in a timely manner.