Chemical spill causes fire at National Composite Center
Fire officials contained an alcohol-based fire at the National Composite Center in Ohio on March 6, 2012, News Talk Radio WHIO reports. Firefighters handled environmental cleanup after the chemical spill occurred at a campus laboratory in the Kettering Business Park.
Kettering Fire Department shift commander Tom Butts told the news source three laboratory employees were completing an experiment when the spill occurred. Butts estimated 20 gallons of isopropanol, 100 percent rubbing alcohol, spilled onto an electric ignition source and caught fire. No injuries, and minimal building damage were reported from the incident.
Laboratory workers take safety precautions to avoid chemical spills, but accidents may occur without notice. Employers may provide tutorials to assist employees, and providing safety equipment can complement these training sessions. Offering employees the Universal spill clean-up can help people handle hazardous spills.
The product offers people a safe solution that absorbs liquids and semi-liquids on contact. People can clean up alcohol, grease, oil and other harmful chemicals by pouring the solution on a spill. The item allows users to absorb up to 1.5 quarts.
Purchase the universal spill clean-up to manage difficult spills.