Chemical spill shut Dr. Pepper down momentarily
Workers at a Dr. Pepper bottling plant in southwest Houston, Texas, had to be evacuated from their stations after a chemical leak, reports Click2Houston.com.
The leak occurred around 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 11, 2012. Workers were allowed to enter the facility a few hours after officials responded to the scene. Upon arrival, fire fighters and hazmat teams found a piece of machinery leaking ammonia. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Ammonia is not normally an overly dangerous solution, but exposure to any large amount of acidic property can have harmful effects on human health and wellness. Officials may want to keep large amounts of absorbent devices in stock to help quickly resolve any potentially life-threatening situations.
An XSORB Acid Neutralizing Absorbent bottle can help combat any chemical spills. The non-leaching formula safely and effectively neutralizes and absorbs most acids on contact. After officials use the absorbent device on the spill, the chemical properties can easily be swept up.
Organizations that handle sensitive chemical solutions on a daily basis need a quick cleanup policy in place. XSORB Acid Neutralizing Absorbent devices can be a big part of that plan.