Clay is for Pottery, Not Spills!
Clay. It's a wonderful material for crafting pottery, and the base substance of many brands of cat litter. But clay is not an ideal medium for spill clean up.What's the scoop on clay and spill containment? Consider:
- Clay takes 15-30 minutes to absorb a spill, leaving a hazardous condition for workers, drains and machinery in the meantime;
- Clay can leave a slick residue, a further industrial hazard;
- Clay dust may cause severe respiratory distress;
- Clay bags can weigh up to 50 lbs.: difficult to lift and a further potential cause of injury;
- Clay is cheap to buy but expensive to use and increased disposal and labor costs add up fast.
- Available in small, easy to lift bags or buckets from 6.5 to 25 lbs.
- Super absorbent, which means you use less
- Completely non-toxic
- FDA approved
- Safe for landfill disposal
- EcoLogo Approved
- A time- and money saver