Floored! Keeping You Slip-and-Fall Safe This Summer
Life has been challenging enough in 2020 so far, with everyone sheltering in place and doing their level best to avoid getting sick. The last thing you need is an injury. But slip and fall injuries are more common than you might think.
According to the National Floor Safety Institute:
- Falls are the number one cause of accidental injury, resulting in 20.8% of all emergency room visits;
- 85% of worker's compensation claims are attributed to employees slipping on slick floors;
- 22% of slip and fall incidents resulted in more than 31 days away from work;
- Compensation and medical costs associated with employee slip/fall accidents exceeds $70 billion annually;
- Total injuries due to falls are estimated at $13-14 million/year in the U.S.
This is where spill clean up and spill containment technology can be a literal lifesaver. Our premier product, XSORB Universal Spill Clean-Up, is a non-toxic, environmentally friendly dry formula designed to absorb all types of liquids and semi-liquids on contact, so you can simply sweep spills away. XSORB Universal easily handles tough spills such as oil, grease, syrup, and sugary drinks, leaving your business's floors completely dry and non-slippery in minutes.
What's more, XSORB Universal absorbs 7.5 times more than clay, saving labor, time, and money. And it's FDA approved for use around food. XSORB Universal forms the backbone of many Impact Absorbents Spill Kits, such as the XSORB Xpress Universal Kit, which is so compact and handy it can be stowed behind the driver's seat for easy spill clean up at job sites.
We know that as our states and towns begin to open up again, we'll want to run, not walk, back to work. But slow it down a bit. After all this time at home, remember there are other hazards out there besides viruses. Slip and fall accidents may not be contagious, but rushing can be. You have plenty of time — and we want you to stay safe and sound.