Hazardous gas causes panic in California
In Concord, California, a Costco store was evacuated on March 25, 2012, after a potentially deadly refrigerant leak, reports KTVU.com.
The leak was detected around 11:10 a.m. when a noise was heard and a white haze began to pour into the building, the news source reports.
The Costco outlet was evacuated immediately, and hazardous materials teams were called to the scene.
The leaking gas was determined to be a dangerous refrigerant from the store's mechanical refrigeration system, and town officials had to manage the leak quickly before it spread elsewhere.
Cleanup crews assigned to manage gas leaks should approach the situation carefully to avoid accidents. Having the proper equipment on hand is essential, as an unprepared hazmat team may falter under the pressure. Whether armed with absorbent devices or Tychem TK 650 Deluxe Level A Rear Entry Suits, the tools these officials use can make a difference.
The entry suit would have been effective in assisting crews control the gas leak, helping them avoid exposure to the deadly toxin. The fully encapsulated rear entry vapor-protective suit is high-quality protective gear that can withstand harsh work conditions such as the managing of hazardous fumes.