How often do hazmat chemical spills, oil/fuel/gas spills, leaks, or illegal dumping occur? Occasionally, according to the news that makes headlines. But a peek at the North American Hazmat Situations and Deployments Map tells a different story. According to this incident map, which updates hazardous events in real time, hazmat spills and related emergencies are happening constantly even if they’re not widely reported.
On a recent page view, multiple incidents appeared daily throughout the United States. A sampling of the reports:
- Refrigerant leak temporarily closes San Leandro Safeway (CA)
- Forklift spills industrial cleaning product (NV)
- Paint spill on I-80 in Sacramento (CA)
- Hazmat crews called for mercury spill in Falmouth (MA)
- Freon leak causes evacuation at WF Walmart (TX)
- Chemicals expelling hazardous gas leads to evacuations near Calumet grain elevator (OK)
Impact Absorbents understands hazardous spills, and we know how to handle them. Acids and caustics can be neutralized and absorbed with XSORB Acid Neutralizing Absorbent and XSORB Caustic Neutralizing Absorbent, respectively. Paint requires solidification with XSORB Rock Solid prior to landfill disposal. Radioactive water, transfer chemicals, and contaminated water are some of the dangerous liquids that must be solidified prior to proper disposal. And of course we offer a number of XSORB Biohazard Absorbent Response Kits to handle the special requirements of a biohazard spill clean up.
Even with the best precautions, spills happen. Don’t let your company end up a statistic on the Hazmat Situations Map. Be prepared with Impact Absorbents products, so that you can safely contain and clean up spills as soon as they happen.