The average business owner may or may not be familiar with the Office of Response and Restoration, but after the winter we’ve just experienced, OR&R may become more of a household name. Did you know this National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) arm removed 3015 metric tons of marine debris in 2022? That’s a lot of waste, and close to 1000 more metric tons than OR&R cleaned up in 2021.
- Cleans up Oil and chemical spills
- Offers a Disaster Preparedness Program
- Created an online Environmental Mapping Tool (ERMA) to quickly assess where damage is greatest.
If you work on or near our nation’s waterways, or simply enjoy boating in nice weather, it’s essential to know how to respond to marine spills.
At Impact Absorbents, we’ve developed an array of products that contribute to to the safety and restoration of marine environments. Some of these include:
- FiberDuck Oil Absorbent Booms, which create a barrier to any spill and will float indefinitely, even when fully saturated with crude oil, diesel oil, or gasoline
- FiberDuck Oil Absorbent Bilge/Sump Booms, an easy and economical way to clean water in sumps and reduce contamination from bilge discharge.
- Coldform Oil-Only Heavyweight Pads, made from renewable cotton fibers — 40% more absorbable than polypropylene — and ready to remove petroleum products from the water’s surface.
- XSORB Oil Absorbent Socks, a marine Spill Hero that will safely remove oil from the marine environment everywhere, including holding ponds, boating areas, contaminated barrels, sumps and more, leaving only clean water behind.
With Spill Hero you’ll always know where to find the spill containment and spill clean up products you need to handle any type of marine spill, safely, efficiently and effectively. Between eco-conscious business owners, the OR&R and Impact Absorbents, we hope to be able to say with confidence of the marine landscape, “the coast is clear.”