Remember Nancy Reagan’s Just Say No campaign? Hers targeted drugs, but made no mention of clay. Which is too bad, because clay is definitely hazardous to your health, even if you’re not ingesting it (and if you have a cat that is using clay litter, odds are they are ingesting it as they cover their deposits and subsequently lick their fur. Ick!)
We have a much healthier solution: XSORB. Our flagship product, Spill Hero Universal Absorbent, is:
- Completely non-toxic
- Approved by the FDA
- Approved for landfill disposal
- EcoLogo certified (which means it doesn’t harm the environment, or people, or animals)
Clay, by contrast:
- Has a delayed absorption time of 15 to 30 minutes, which makes it a hazard to hazard to workers, drains and machinery
- Can lead to silicosis, a chronic lung disease
- Leaves a slick residue behind
- Weighs up to 50 lbs., which can cause difficulty in lifting and increases the potential for injury.
So whether or not you were a fan of the Reagan era, you can take a page from First Lady Nancy Reagan’s playbook and Just Say No to clay, because we’ve got the healthier, more effective, ecological answer for spill clean up and spill containment. We haven’t developed an alternative to clay cat litter yet, though. If you have a feline friend at home, you’ll need to research those healthier options on your own.